Thursday, June 30, 2011

having fun experimenting...

wow, is the month already over? June honestly has come and gone by in a flash and I can't even believe that its been over a week since I last posted on the blog.... needless to say, it also means I haven't been scrapping as much this month as I normally do... (unfortunately things have been too too busy at work that by the time I get back, I'm exhausted beyond to do much of anything else...).

But when I do get a chance... I'm in the mood to experiment and explore... like this layout that I created for this month's GET PICKY Challenge #9; working on a horizontal 8.5x11" layout is a challenge of its own. And speaking of Get Picky - the wonderful ladies there have asked me to join their team for the next 3 months. I'm truly honored and thrilled and thank you so much Tanya and Nikki for this opportunity!

For this month challenge - it's an inspiration challenge whereby we would love to see how this "Sex and the City 2" movie poster has inspired you... (don't forget to check here for more details & the yummy prizes that they have in store - you don't want to miss this and the winner will be randomly drawn from the entries)

Photobucket

And for my take on the challenge, I drew on the colors (brown, yellow & turquoise - although my turquoise ended up more on the greener side, oops)...

Photobucket

and here are a few more close up pictures... using my new sizzix flower die and some 7Gypsies tissue paper to create the center part of the flower...

Photobucket

Photobucket

also added a bit of stamping details.... from technique tuesday!

Photobucket

and I still can't get over the gorgeous butterfly die cuts from Pink Paislee butterfly garden collection - in love with this collection and honestly can't get enough of it!!

Photobucket


A big thanks everyone for stopping by and I do promise to post more!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout!! I love all the beautiful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to have you on the team, Piradee! Your layout is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layering:-) And you look so cute in this photograph! Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your interpretation of the ad. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete